The Right Turn Discipline Center (RTDC) is a behavior modification program designed to serve students who have been removed from their home campus and assigned to alternative placement for violating the BISD Code of Conduct or students in the BISD who have been charged with other offenses in the community that warrant an assignment. The RTDC program includes the following components:
- Behavior Management
- Life Skills
All students on the Right Turn campus follow the same general guidelines.
Information For Parents
Once your child has been assigned to RTDC:
Parent and student must attend an Intake Meeting.
It is the responsibility of the parent to call 817-245-0500 and schedule the Intake meeting.
- Attend the Intake Meeting with your child.
- Meetings last about an hour.
- Students must be in the dress code to start RTDC.
- Meetings are Monday – Friday at 8:30 a.m.
- Intake meetings will include specifics about the RTDC Program.
- A transition meeting to review your child’s progress will be scheduled at the end of the student's placement.
- The school day for RTDC is 8:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- We follow the BISD School Calendar.
- Transportation to and/or from RTDC is not provided by BISD.
- A parent or guardian will be required to provide transportation and be responsible for keeping their child in the vehicle until the student is received by a RTDC staff member each morning.
- Students may not be “dropped-off” at RTDC and/or left unattended at any time.
General RTDC Dress Code Information
(RTDC Dress Code will be reviewed in detail at the Intake Meeting. The BISD Dress Code will be enforced along with additional restrictions in the RTDC Dress Code. Students will not be allowed to attend classes until dress code standards have been met.)
- BOYS – ONLY solid GRAY, loose-fitting, crew neck t-shirt or collared shirt, buttoned to the top.
- GIRLS – ONLY solid GRAY, loose-fitting, crew neck t-shirt or collared shirt, buttoned to the top.
- Tucked in so the waist of the pants is visible.
- Must cover the entire foot and be primarily white, black, brown, or gray.
- Shoes, socks, and shoelaces must adhere to the BISD dress code policy.
- No jewelry or watches.
- No head coverings.
- No make-up, no nail polish, no nail treatment of any kind.
- No inappropriate or unnecessary items.
- Solid, khaki, uniform pants only
- Must fit at the waist and stay above the hip bone
- No “cargo”, oversized or form-fitting pants
- No distracting hairstyles or colors
- Must not conceal or cover the face or eyes, at any time, even when looking down.
- Chromebook and charger
- 1 single-subject spiral notebook
- pencils, not mechanical, no pens
- Student ID
Bring lunch in a clear plastic bag or money in the BISD lunch account to order lunch daily. Free or reduced lunches do apply.